Agriculture - NCEA Level 3
Teacher in Charge: Mrs K. Brownlee
This course will continue to develop and extend students practical skills and knowledge Agricultural industry at Level 3.
The aims of this course are
• To develop an appreciation of New Zealand’s native plants and animals
• To re-vegetate certain areas
• To learn how to propagate native plants
The main topics covered in this course are:
• Propagation and naming of native plants
• Planting of trees and shrubs
• Weed identification and control
• Rural pest animals and their control
Students who complete this course should be ready to gain employment or continue to study at a tertiary provider.
Recommended Prior Learning
AGR 7 recommended, approval from HOD of Agriculture and Horticulture Department. Do not need NCEA L2
Total Credits Available: 26 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 26 credits.